Chocolate chilli muffins
Something spicy for brave chocolate lovers: Chocolate chilli muffins
For the cupcakes: 100 g plain flour, 2 large eggs, 70 g cocoa powder, 1½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp mild chilli powder, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 115 g unsalted butter, 200 g caster sugar, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 120 ml milk, 50 g dark chocolate, to decorate
For the icing: 1 stick butter, softened, 180-250 g icing sugar, 30 g cocoa powder, 2 tbsp milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 12-hole cupcake tin with paper cases.
2. Mix dry ingredients - flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, chilli powder, cayenne pepper and ¼ teaspoon of salt in a bowl. Stiff them together.
3. Put the butter and sugar into a separate bowl and whisk until pale.
4. Add the vanilla extract, then add the eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition. Add half of the flour mixture and the milk and whisk until incorporated. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix.
5. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until risen and a cocktail stick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
6. Whisk butter with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy. Add 180 g of the icing sugar together with the cocoa powder, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Whisk together until well combined. Add more icing sugar if necessary to achieve a piping consistency. Spoon the icing into a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped nozzle and pipe on to the cupcakes. Decorate as desired.
In order to dispense the perfect amount of use:Cupcake Batter Dispenser Pancake Cookie Cake Muffins Batter Dispenser Kitchen Easy Pour Kitchen Tool. Will find it in the "kitchen Accessories"
Enjoy the cooking with us!