Festive jam biscuits
1 stick unsalted butter, softened, 50 g caster sugar, 180 g plain flour, 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk, 70 g strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- Beat together butter and sugar with a wooden spoon until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Add flour and milk and mix until a dough forms.
- Sprinkle a little flour over the table and a rolling pin. Split the dough into 4 pieces.
- Roll out one piece of the dough until it’s about the same thickness as a pound coin. Using a Easter-themed biscuit cutter, cut 2 biscuits from the dough. Then, using a small round cutter, cut a circle from the center of one biscuit. Repeat, using any different cutters that you like. You should have 24 cut biscuits.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes – the biscuits should be just starting to turn golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the trays for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- When cooled, spoon a teaspoon of jam on to each of the biscuits that don’t have holes in them, then top with those that do. Press down gently to create a sandwich.
Cut your biscuits with our Easter-themed cutters - 4PCS Easter Cookie Plunger Cutter Bird Butterfly Egg Rabbit Fondant Cake Baking Mold. See other tempting suggestions in "Molds For Sweets" and "Kitchen Accessories".