The best chocolate crinkle cookies
5 things you should know to make the best chocolate crinkle cookies:
1. Use baking soda & baking powder together. While baking soda neutralizes the acid by raising pH levels, sometimes it is not enough to create a significant rise in the cookie. Therefore, the purpose of adding baking powder is to provide additional lift.
2. Keep dough at room temperature. Refrigerated dough will spread less than room temperature dough.
3. Roll your dough in granulated sugar first, then roll it in powder sugar. This will romote proper cracking by causing the top of the cookie to dry out before the interior of the cookie is finished baking.
4. Bake the cookies at 325F – it’s the best temperature which will allow the ingredients to spread and melt onto the sheet for a longer amount of time before they start to bake and harden.
5. And last but not least – bake one sheet at a time! This ensures that the cookies crack evenly from the dry heat of the oven.
Roll out the dough with a non-stick rolling pin from our store: Non-Stick Silicone Rolling Pin Kitchen Pastry Dough Flour Bread Cooking Bakeware Tool.
Enjoy cooking with us!