The Utimate CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE:
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, 1 cup sugar, 2 ounces of your favorite chocolate, 2 large eggs, room temperature, 2 large egg yolks, room temperature, 2 cup + 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1/3 cup full-fat sour cream, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 cup room temperature water
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix butter and sugar until fully combined. The end result should look like wet sand.
3. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler.
4. Once the melted chocolate is cool enough to touch, add it to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until just combined.
5. Mix in eggs and egg yolks one at a time until just combined.
6. Mix in oil, vanilla, and sour cream until just combined.
7. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder into a separate medium-sized bowl. Use a fork or a whisk to ensure that the ingredients are mixed well after sifting.
8. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined after each addition. Mix in water until just combined.
9. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and put in the oven.
10. Check for doneness at 16-17 minutes - a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake should come out clean. If they are not done, check again every three minutes until they are done.
11. Immediately remove cupcakes from the cupcake tin and place on a cooling rack.
You can frost the chocolate cupcakes with any frosting that you choose. Check out our TOP 5 frostings here: https://bakeryworlds.com/…/ne…/top-5-the-best-frostings-ever